Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Homeschool Review Crew Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women

Review, #hsreviews #devotions #DevotionsForYoungWomen #Beloved #books #reading #bookstagram #christianity #faith, Devotions, devotions for young women, Christianity, Faith


As I've watched my mom over the last two weeks quickly decline following a hard fall she took on Thanksgiving while preparing our family's meal, I realize how important it is to have a Godly woman in our lives, so I was thrilled to get a chance to review the Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women from Zondervan. It is a fantastic gift to a young woman as it is a journal and a Bible devotional all in one beautiful hardcover book.


Zondervan
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women


I received a nice hardcover book that includes an attached ribbon bookmark and lines for notes on every day's worth of devotions. The target age for the book is for young women age 13 to 18, but older or younger women could enjoy it just the same.

Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women
There is one scripture and short devotion for 365 days, an entire year's worth of inspiration about women in the Bible.
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women
So, the book begins with Day 1 and a scripture from Song of Songs:
"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you."
And it ends on Day 365 with a scripture from Galatians:
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
In between, there are days filled with scriptures pertaining to women followed by about 3 paragraphs each describing what the verse means.
On each page following the scripture and the short devotion explanation of what the scripture means and how it pertains to a woman today, there are lines where you are able to journal or take notes.
The short descriptions seemed to present mainly facts and not forced opinions, for instance, the day that talks about the scriptures where Sarai gave Abraham to Hagar, the devotional section explained how this was a custom of the day and not something many women would understand emotionally from today's standards.
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women
How Did We Use It?










I first was trying to decide between which daughter I would use it with. I have one daughter who is pre-adolescent and another in the throws of her later years of high school, so it was a tough decision. I looked the book over myself and even considered hogging it alone, but in the end I decided that it would make a fantastic gift to my oldest daughter who thrives on Bible study.

The book is also very timely for us as I watch my mom in ICU fighting for her life. I realize how important a strong, Godly woman is. 




Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women
Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women

What Did We Think?

I think the book is beautiful and presented well. I always appreciate space for notes, and I also appreciate brevity when it comes to devotions. I prefer just reading the scripture with a brief description and not lengthy content, so this has the perfect amount of text for each day.

FIND Zondervan ON SOCIAL MEDIA @:


Read what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:

Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women {Zondervan Review}


Crew Disclaimer


No comments:

Post a Comment