Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, April 16, 2018

Throw Back Retro Crystal Snack Trays from the 1950s

So, the girls were gone at theater and dance classes today, and my son was still sleeping. My hubby had three gigs, so I decided to get a little fancy and do a photo shoot with some crystal glass snack trays my mom had given me. My parents have been clearing out their house, and when I was there last week, my mom gave me some old snack trays.  They are really cool!

I remember when we would have a really fancy party or baby or wedding shower, out would come these crystal trays. I did a little research and found out they are from the 40's and 50's era and are made from a company called Hazel Atlas glass. Back then, smoking was in vogue, so the trays are actually called:

Snack, Sip and Smoke trays with cups!

There is actually a little ridge indentation on one corner where you were to place your cigarette with a little place for ashes.

Next to this ridge indentation is a ridge to hold the cup in place, and then there is a larger section meant for food.

I have them listed here, if you want to check them out.  She gave me a couple other sets and extra glasses as well, so I will be listing those soon as well.

Pretty cool, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment