Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How did I get here homeschooling mom of 3?




Hello - let me introduce myself. I am Tere Scott. I am so excited to be able to report on my favorite subject: educating my children at home. Hopefully, you will find my blogs interesting and encouraging. This one is simply an introduction.




I am thrilled to have the gift of raising 3 children here on earth. I know in the world of homeschoolers, with families of 12+ children, 3 children is not even a number you begin to count. So, let me share with you that I have 3 children here - I also have 3 who for unknown reasons to my doctor or me, ended their pregnancy and arrived too early for me to enjoy holding a viable healthy baby in my arms. So, they are now with their creator in heaven. I hold them only in my heart. Each of my children are so precious to me. But, after so much loss, God granted me the most wonderful gift in child #3 - a miracle I never thought I would receive. The scripture that refreshed me during her looooong pregnancy was from Isaiah 41:18-20 that reads "i will give them fountains of water in the valleys. In the deserts they will find pools of water......on barren land. Everyone will see this miracle and understand that it is the Lord, the Holy One of Israel who did it." So, because it was the Holy One who gave this baby to me, I give back with refreshing water via Samaritan's Purse clean water project. I give half my proceeds from Ebay sales to this mission on my daughter's behalf.



My husband is supportive of the homeschooling decision, though he was raised in strictly private Lutheran education. He is a master musician who loves to praise his God. He is currently serving as the interim worship leader for a church near us, but is hopeful to make leading worship a full-time adventure. We also jointly own a Christian Disk Jockey business that plays wedding receptions and other events and a solo musician. He started this the year before we were married because his heart ached to see how the music of this generation was, well, bringing corruption. He wanted to share God's music and uplifting lyrics in the receptions he worked. So, that's what he still does today, along with teaching guitar to approximately 70 students at a local music store.





So, here I am - a homeschooling mother of 3. I knew from before they were born that homeschooling was for me. Maybe it had something to do with my rides on the public school bus that helped me make my decision. But, I prefer to think it's deeper than that - that God placed it on my heart to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a boyfriend or any prospects for a boyfriend, so my children are a long way off, but I also believe homeschooling them is something I'm being led to, so I'm researching homeschooling now, while I'm out of work (again).

    ReplyDelete