Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Take the Clorox2 Challenge on Worldwide Day of Play September 24

My family recently had the incredible opportunity to go on a 3-week trip around Lake Michigan. We started our trip in Holland, Michigan, and ended it in Sheboygan, WI - Traveling up through the UP, and into Door County. It was fabulous! I realized that one reason why I liked it so much was because everyday I was outside doing something active with my kids. So, I vowed to take at least 30 minutes to an hour everyday upon our return home to get outside and get moving with my kiddos. Then, I discovered there's actually a name for this:

It's called the Worldwide Day of Play - It's happening on September 24!

The idea is to turn off the TV and get outside to play. It sounds simple, and maybe you're even thinking "what's the point?" However, it sometimes takes making a pledge to get it going. It's very easy to sit in front of the TV and watch one show after another. It's not so easy to pull yourself up, off of the chair, gather your children, dress them for outside fun, and actually get yourself moving.

I remember, when my children were toddlers, wondering when I could be the mom on the bench - watching my children play, instead of standing under them as they climbed up the steps to the slide, or standing behind them so they wouldn't fall off of a swing. Now, I realize I am that mom on the bench if I want to be. Or, I can make a point to move right alongside my children. You'll be surprised what you learn through a play day with your kids. Will you take the Clorox2 Play 2Day Pledge? You can find out more at their website: http://clorox2play2day.com

Why should I get up and play with my kids? Here's what you'll discover:

1. After about 10 minutes of movement, you feel alive
2. You'll feel like a kid again
3. You'll relate to your kids on a level you never thought possible
4. If you swing with your kids, you'll discover a great therapy for the part of your brain that supports balance.
5. Your kids can run very fast
6. You feel old, but not too old to swing, play hopscotch, or walk around a playground
7. Talking is more fun when you're screaming with delight
8. You just might crack a smile
9. Parenting is important, but just for a moment - you become their friend
10. You might find yourself fitting into those jeans you never thought you'd wear again, you know the ones you wore when you and your hubby were dating.

Don't take my word for it, get out and find out for yourself.

Note: Though my computer froze up in the middle of writing this, and by the time I got back to post it on the Social Moms' wall, I got a message saying my account had to be approved first (thought it had been already), so my entry does not even qualify for the contest. Still... I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” http://clorox2.socialmoms.com/about

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Tere! . . . Though, I'm really sorry you missed the contest :(

    ReplyDelete