Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Treasured Possession

I opened up my email this morning to read a Bible study verse from Jeremiah.  It read:

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession.” Deuteronomy 14:2

Wow!

What an incredible thought.  I matter to God.  I don't just matter to him, but he seeks me out as if I am a priceless gem.

Truly, in the midst of your tired day, you matter to God.

When I'm planning next year's homeschool curriculum, I matter to God.  My children matter.
When you're changing diaper #47, you are still God's treasure.
When that potty training child just doesn't seem to get the knack, God sees you as a treasure.
When you're wiping up sticky juice that your child (or you) spilled, you matter to God.
When your adorable offspring launches into a pre-teen or teen moment that strikes your knee-jerk reaction nerve, you're still God's treasured possession.
When you're taxi-driving kids all over town, you are God's treasured possession.
When you don't have any energy left to make dinner, you matter.  On the face of this earth, you matter to God.
When it's too hot to go outside, and inside allergies are wreaking havoc with your family's allergies, you still matter.
When you feel as though you cannot stand hearing one more request to interrupt your day - You still are God's treasured possession.

This is amazing to me.  This transforms my attitude to realize that what I do, what I think, what I say - It's all important.  It makes me want to refine it to be more pure and holy, knowing that even if it's less than perfect - I'm still God's treasured possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment