Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, September 28, 2012

How We Got Free American Girl Doll Clothes Updated Note

On Sunday, my miracle little girl celebrated her sixth birthday.  I know!  We're all still in jaw-dropping disbelief that it was six years ago this little miracle made her presence into this world very quickly, very unexpectedly at home before there was time to get into the car to go to the hospital.  My husband became my OB/GYN that early morning, which that year was the Sabbath of Rosh Hashanah (which is the Jewish New Year).  At the time, I knew very little about this holiday.  But, my little girl will forever wear the title of:

"Happy Rosh Hashanah, here's Eliana!"













She was a miracle from conception to birth and God took care of every tiny detail.  She was born after we had lost all hope after three miscarriages (read about her here:  http://teachablescottstotshomeschool.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html).  Nothing was too miniature for God, who even saw to it that I got the home birth I had always wanted but was too chicken to carry out on my own.

But, I digress....

In celebration of her birthday, she wanted to go to the American Girl Doll Store and pick out the doll of the year, which we have decided looks like her - McKenna.

We had a birthday brunch at the Bistro and she picked out her doll and had a blast.

She has had so much fun playing with her new doll and accessories, along with the "freebie" birthday t-shirt for her doll that was part of the incredible goodie bag that came with the birthday package brunch.

And, the celebration just keeps coming!

Today, when I logged onto Facebook, I saw that there was an opportunity to receive a free American Girl Doll outfit just for writing about American Girl Doll clothes and sharing this amazing site.

***Update to post as of February 13, 2012:  It was, however, too good to be true.  First, they claimed to be too busy and caught up in the holiday rush to get me my free outfit for the post.  And, then after I messaged them, they took months to respond.  I was finally thrilled to hear that they would mail me the outfit afterall.  But, it has been two weeks since they said they would pop it in the mail, and still NO OUTFIT!  So, I will include their site as a warning and not as a promotion as I had originally intended  - http://www.american-girl-doll-clothes.com.
***

If you have already logged on and ordered from their site - I apologize, but I hope you received your order.

On a fun note - I just wish I could figure out a way to justify our trip to the American Girl Doll Store to count as part of our homeschooling.  A field trip, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment