Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Encouraging Words A to Z

It has often upset me to read news reports and blogs, YouTube posts and just about anything that is posted online that offers comments.  So many rude comments that are nothing but upsetting.  Because of this, I began to look at my own words in an effort to make them become words of life and not words that bring others down.

I realize not everyone believes in following the steps of their life according to the Holy Bible, but this one particular passage is wise to follow for everyone.  And, if you do take these words of life to heart, you will have no doubt read in Phillipians 4:8 - Finally brothers, whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE.  If anything is EXCELLENT or PRAISEWORTHY - Think about such things.

In my hunt, I have uncovered many positive words to use with my own children as well.  I would rather offer an encouraging word to help my children get past something than simply criticize.

This could become an ongoing series of positive, encouraging words you might want to use as well to exchange negative words with happier ones.

It also bought to mind how the scriptures describe Jesus:  Wonderful - Counselor - Mighty God - Prince of Peace!

To begin with, here is a list of some of the positive words I have found from A to Z:

Adept
Beautiful
Calming
Decent
Edifying
Fabulous
Gallant
Handy
Impeccable
Jolly
Keen
Lovely
Magnificent
Nurturing
Outstanding
Pleasurable
Quick-witted
Radiant
Super
Terrific
Unequaled
Valuable
Wonderful
X
Yipee
Zestful

No comments:

Post a Comment