Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Meal Planning: Free Once a Month Menu

Maybe it's just me, because I get wrapped up in other things surrounding my children and education and just life events, but no one told me when I started homeschooling that one of the most difficult parts would be meals.

I have decided to start a Monday Meal Planning column in my blog to help share recipe ideas for others who may be in my shoes and find it difficult to figure out what to make for lunch, dinner, snacks or breakfast.

I learned about the concept of "Once a Month" cooking long before I had children.  I was in Colorado with my husband, and we toured Focus on the Family's headquarters.  The guest on their talk show for the day was the author of the "Once a Month Cooking" book.

From there, I picked up a copy of her book and began to cook in this manner.  Since it was just the two of us at that time, I quickly grew weary of cooking one big day a month.  However, the charm has come back and I am beginning to rediscover this method.

Today, I visited their site at once-a-monthcooking.com and found that they offer one week's worth of free menu ideas.  What's on their menu for the week?  Following is their selections this week:


French Stew
Sledder’s Soup
Tortilla Lime Chicken
Chicken Amondine
Sweet Potato Casserole
Beef Flank Steak with Mushroom Stuffing
Apple-Sausage Brunch Cake

If any, or all, of this looks good to you and your homeschooled crew, check out their recipes and make these entree's yourself.

Let me know if it works for you, or what menu item you liked best.

No comments:

Post a Comment