Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Truth About Fitness Progress






It's already time to fess up and check out my fitness progress. Before I do, there are some things you might want to know about the truth about fitness progress:

1.  First, progress is not all about weight loss.  The pros will tell you that when you really begin to gain lean muscle, you might also see an increase on the scales while you're losing inches.  This is because Muscle weighs more than fat.

2.  Since I'm no where near being able to use the excuse of muscle weighing more than fat, let's get real.

3.  Progress is ok if it's in baby steps or massive leaps.  And, every dieting and fitness plan is going to hit reasonable plateaus.  This is normal.

4.  For me, it's more about how my clothes fit than it is about weight loss.  I'll be completely honest and tell you that I'm no where near ready to get out that dreaded measuring tape and take measurements yet to report my progress.  One day, this is the plan.  Today, is not that day.

5.  Successful progress is how well you stick to the goals you set for yourself.  Be realistic in goal setting, and you're more likely to be successful in reaching them.

Having said all that, I will say that I am proud to admit that I tried on the next size lower jeans today, and they were not uncomfortably tight.  They weren't lose either, but I was happy.  If I can keep going in that direction, I'll be thrilled come spring.

My goals were to juice, to drink more water, to get up from the computer and move, and to find a replacement for workout tapes (yes tapes) I used to successfully use years ago.

Here's how I've done:





--It is still an effort to think about drinking water.  I have to remind myself to drink.

-I have juiced every fresh fruit, and some veggies, that has come into this house.  Still, I'd like to juice more frequently.



-I am getting up more frequently, but it takes being reminded.

-I am happy to report that I found some workout apps on my new Samsung HDTV.

So, what about you - How's your fitness progress going?  Link up your blog post below, and comment - I'd love to hear about it.

 photo FitnessFriday_zps15d519f6.jpg


Find more fitness motivation at the following bloggers that are hosting Fitness Friday:

The Healthy Moms.net
Chandra Sullivan at Spark Your Motivation
Danielle Nabozny at Lip Gloss and Yoga Pants
Lisa Belanger at Inspire Me Well
Maryann Mitchell at It's Not Food, It's Me
Angela Barnets at Fit Personified
Wendi Barker at Wendi's Book Corner
Lacey Baker at Love Lacey 365
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely correct, "Successful progress is how well you stick to the goals you set for yourself." I love that! Keep working toward your goals! Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete