Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, March 10, 2014

My Daughter's Delete Button



When I picked up my daughter from children's church yesterday morning, they handed her this!  It's her very own Delete Button.  As an online writer and avid lickity split fast word processor typist in my former life, I must admit I wanted one myself.  But, this button held a deeper meaning.

When I worked full time in a Word Processing department of a large law firm, we had a command that was called "Undo". If we made a mistake, we could simply press the "Undo" button and undo our mistake. I often longed to have a real-life "Undo" button of my own that could take back stupid, harmful comments or actions.


Along with the button, which was originally attached to a keychain that we removed, was a lesson plan handout. The Delete Button was intended to go along with the Faith lesson they had covered during children's church.

It all has to do with FORGIVENESS!



Imagine what the world would be like if we all had and used our own Delete Buttons.

No more internet trolls making negative comments just to bring everyone down and boost themselves up

No more hatred

No more anger

No more harboring grudges

No more petty arguments

It almost sounds too good to be true, but through the Grace of Jesus, we do have our very own Delete Button.  That was the idea behind the lesson.

When we got the Delete Button home and removed the metal keychain part, I noticed that when you press the button, it lights up, making it all the more cool and also seconds as a night light reminder of forgiveness.



1 comment:

  1. that's a rather neat idea. Drives home the idea to children doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete