Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

TOS Review: Egglo Glow In The Dark Easter Egg Family Friendly Fun Focused on Jesus

Egglo Review

Egglo Review

I was asked to review a basket worth of fun products from Egglo Entertainment.  Included were glow-in-the-dark Egglo eggs which correspond with The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure story. The whole program filled with suggested activities that can be adapted to be used with any age, but ideally to enjoy with children age 4 through 13, is a really fun way to share the Resurrection story of Jesus with kids. 

Here's what came with the package filled with goodies for me to review:

Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs - $11.99 (Currently on sale for $9.99)
The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure book - $12.99 (Currently on sale for $9.99)
The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure book audio download - $2.99
Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls - $4.29
The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Program Guide - $14.99

Egglo Review


When I first opened the package, I was excited about the quality of what I had received with the box of glow-in-the-dark plastic Easter eggs, Scripture scrolls, and a glossy cover paperback story book.  My excitement level only grew as I discovered more of what this program is all about. I also received a pdf file that contained the Program Guide and an audio download of the story being read.


This is how my kids looked on their Egglo Adventure

The first thing I read when I opened up the Program Guide was that this Egglo program is focused on:
  • FUN
  • FAMILY FRIENDLY
  • FOCUSED ON JESUS!


I thought - "Well, this is right up our alley!"



WHY HAVE AN ORDINARY EASTER EGG HUNT  WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A GLOW-IN-THE-DARK EGGLO EGG HUNT WITH ACTIVITIES THAT ALL POINT BACK TO JESUS - THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!


The book is illustrated by Golden Street Animation and written by Darcie Cobos. It is an adventure story that begins in the family's attic and weaves through various settings, including Easter Island, under water, and in biblical times. It includes a treasure chest and Easter eggs that all lead to one very important discovery.
The author is a 23-year veteran detective who specializes in family violence crime investigations. She used her on-the-job experience to create a family friendly Easter adventure. 


I noticed that the book, eggs and everything that goes along with this adventure are perfect for children ages 4-13, which worked out great for us as well since my children all fall within this age range.


The Program Guide Makes Hosting Egg Hunt Easy



The glow-in-the-dark eggs and story are fun in and of themselves, but I found the Program Guide to be packed full of fun Easter games and activities with tons of ideas on hosting glow-in-the-dark egg hunts. Everything is there, including:



  • step-by-step instructions of how to plan for a glow-in-the-dark egg hunt with a church group
  • printable invitations
  • printable scripture memory sheets
  • crafts
  • activities ideas that all point back to the idea that Jesus is the Light of the world
  • along with printable coloring sheets. 
  • They even covered what snacks to include to keep the focus on Jesus and the resurrection. My favorite was the cream cheese bagel with cucumber slice to represent the empty tomb and the stone rolled away.


Egglo Review




Egglo Review


How We Used It and What We Thought


Since my kids tend to zone out when I read to them, I opted to use the audio download voice recording of the story and have my children listen while I turned the pages in the book.  The recorded version took about 30 minutes to read through the 40-page story book.


Before I started the story time, I made sure I had fully "charged" the eggs with light so we could enjoy the maximum glow-time potential. The Program Guide says that the fully charged eggs will glow for approximately 45 to 60 minutes and slowly diminish over the following one to two hours.


I also gave them the printable coloring sheets to color while they listened to the story.




When the story was done, we went on our own glow-in-the-dark egg hunt.  We used flash lights in the dark. When they had found all of the eggs, we opened them up to reveal the Scripture Memory Scrolls.


Even though we are not a large church group, I still found many of the Easter egg games and activities in the Program Guide to be easily adaptable to my 3-child home setting - Such as the snack suggestions, which are actually more manageable with a small group, the beach ball Scripture memory game, and certainly the memory work and devotions are perfect for any group, large or small.

I love how these Egglo eggs are presented in this picture:


Egglo Review
Egglo Review
Find Egglo and Egglo Egg-cellent Adventure books and products on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.

Egglo Review

Please read other reviews on these products by clicking on the picture below:


Click to read Crew Reviews


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment