Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, May 2, 2014

Fitness Friday: The Art of Baby Lifting



It is not a scientific fact, but I am convinced that the reason I lost so much weight and gained a ton of muscle after having my third baby is because she wanted to be in my arms 24/7.

I believe I was weight lifting every day, almost the entire day each day, simply by lifting my baby.  As she grew, my weight-lifting intensified.

I remember early days of holding this child involved coming up with quite creative ways of getting day-to-day chores done with only one arm, because my baby was in the other.  Oh, she let me put her down on occasion.  But, these occasions were few and far between.

Every picture of my daughter and I, when she was a baby, includes me looking rather fit with her dangling over my left arm. This left my right arm free to move.  And, move I did.  I even learned how to crack an egg one handed.

As she learned to walk, however, my weight lifting decreased.  And, then she stopped nursing on a regular basis, and all that calorie-counting energy decreased as well.

Can I regain that level of weight-lifting fitness?

I hope so.  Only, instead of a baby in my arms, I now have to be creative with what I lift.  Considering she started out as an almost 8 lb. newborn, I should start my new weight-lifting attempts with an approximate 8 pound weight, or objects that equal 8 lbs., and move up from there.  If I follow the baby as a weight concept, then I would need to increase my weights at healthy increments until I reached 20 pound weights within the course of a year. (Her approximate weight at one year of age was 22 pounds).

Not as fun as having an infant in your arms, using the same idea as picking up your newborn can create a great mindset for regaining muscle tone.

See what other Fitness Friday bloggers have to say about staying fit and eating healthy:






 photo FitnessFriday_zps15d519f6.jpg


Find more fitness motivation at the following bloggers that are hosting Fitness Friday:

The Healthy Moms.net
Chandra Sullivan at Spark Your Motivation
Danielle Nabozny at Lip Gloss and Yoga Pants
Lisa Belanger at Inspire Me Well
Maryann Mitchell at It's Not Food, It's Me
Angela Barnets at Fit Personified
Wendi Barker at Wendi's Book Corner
Lacey Baker at Love Lacey 365
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment