Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

TOS Review - FishFlix

FishFlix.com Review no 2

Time to break out the popcorn and gather the family. It's movie night! I was thrilled to get a chance to review When Calls the Heart, Heart of the Family movie from FishFlix.com.

FishFlix.com Review no 2


What is FishFlix.com?

FishFlix.com offers Christian and family friendly movies online. There is a section of $5 DVDs, and all orders more than $35 receive free shipping. Save 10% when you sign up for their newsletter. Order directly from the site, and the DVDs or Blu-ray discs are shipped to you. FishFlix.com is based in Minnesota, but it serves everyone who orders online.

The movies offered cover a wide array of titles for inspiration, education, and entertainment. The options include titles relating to Children's Christian Movies, Apologetics, Educational films and documentaries, Christian History, Biblical Movies, Dramas, Romance, Action, and so much more. Choose from:


  • Apologetics and Creation
  • Apparel
  • Bargains
  • Bible Teaching
  • Biblical Movies
  • Biographies
  • Blu-ray Collections
  • Catholic Movies
  • Children's Movies
  • Christian Family Entertainment
  • Christian Living
  • Christian Movies
  • Comedy
  • Documentaries
  • Educational
  • End-Times Prophetic
  • Evangelistic
  • Fox Faith
  • History, Church History
  • Music Videos
  • PureFlix Entertainment
  • Spanish Christian Movies
  • Sports Films
  • Wanderlust Films
  • When Calls The Heart


I received a physical, brand new and sealed DVD in the mail to watch and review. The DVD I received was entitled When Calls the Heart.

When Calls the Heart is a Hallmark Channel aired series based on author Janette Oke The Love Comes Softly series. It is romantic adventure and is set in the time of the frontier with Mounties. Some of the stars in the movie are well-known. For starters, it is produced by Michael Landon, Jr. It features Erin Krakow, Lori Loughlin, from Full House, Jack Wagner, and Daniel Lissing. The DVD also included exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews - Always a fun bonus.

How Did We Use It?

I had fully intended to pop some popcorn and gather the family for movie night, but when I read the description of the movie, it seemed like it might have romance elements in it.  I wasn't sure if the subject matter would be family friendly, so I decided it'd be a good idea for me to watch it by myself first.

What Did We Think?

Turns out that this is the 3rd installment in a series, none of which I had seen before and I have not read any of the author's works, so I was a little lost as to who the characters were and what was going on. I was glad I decided to watch it myself first, because there was quite a bit of romantic elements and adventure even though it was tastefully done.

I think FishFlix.com offers a fantastic service to Christian families who are looking for a one-stop-shop of DVD and Blu-ray purchasing without the worry. I think their prices are great as well. While I found this particular DVD to be more appropriate for high school, college or adult viewing than entire family or small child viewing, I still enjoyed it and have looked to see what else the site has to offer for the entire family.

Find FishFlix.com on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube.

Read what other members of the TOS Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:

FishFlix.com Review No 2


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment