Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Flowing River of Blessings

The Crew

Review Crew

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Opening Night Day 3 of Tech Week Mary Poppins Full Broadway Musical


"Mary" harnasing up to get ready to fly.


"Burt" harnasing up getting ready to fly.



This year both of my girls have been taking part in Lifelight Youth Theatre.  All of this time, they have been preparing for their musical presentation of Mary Poppins....  TECH WEEK HAS ARRIVED AND OPENING NIGHT IS TONIGHT! Followed by a Friday and Saturday Night show and a Saturday Matinee. How are we holding up?  It's hitting me today - I'm sooooooo tired!

Tuesday, my oldest daughter arrived at 10 a.m. to unload the truck filled with props. My husband picked her up at 10 p.m.... a 12 hour day for her. Thankfully, my youngest didn't have to be there till 3:00 p.m. The next day was a bit easier, starting at 2-10 p.m., though it was one of my big volunteer days. I helped set up the party room and then stayed to attend a meeting at 9 p.m. before picking up the girls.

While I waited in between, I got to catch a glimpse of behind the scenes and mic, audio, lights and safety flying and props tests. It was fascinating to watch.

For some reason, though. Today, after I dropped them both off at 2:00 p.m, I felt so very tired. This is not good, because tonight is opening night, and I have tickets for just me. Though, tonight is just a bit of a teaser for a more social weekend, and for this little introvert - Social is exhausting!

Yesterday went well. I even met some new people, other moms. And, I left feeling encouraged and not drained. So, I'm not sure why it hit me today. Other than, when I returned home, I had a big Life Sized Barbie Doll to package up that I sold on eBay and my printer wasn't recognizing the fact that it is awake and working. It kept saying Offline. So, my guru computer son helped me with that one, but I didn't make it to bed till almost 2 a.m.

Tomorrow night is the big family viewing of the play, which is exciting but somehow makes me feel on edge and need to be socially alert. Then, Saturday, I'm working the souvenir booth. I'm a bit nervous about running credit cards as I haven't worked with the public for oh so many years and never really taking credit card payments. So, I'm worried but not overly so.

Saturday will be a very long day. We need to be there at 10 a.m. and not leave till the show is over and we have stayed to strike the scenery sets and load the truck. I'm anticipating a post-midnight evening.

So, how have we held up? So far, we've made it to opening night's day and are still upright. Though, I'm exhausted with sleepy heavy eyes. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the girls on stage at the full-length premier! I get to get a sneak preview of the full run before sitting through it with in-laws.

Being an introvert with a child interested in musical theatre is an interesting mix. But, with God's help, I think we'll make it. Though, it looks like next year it will only be one child involved as my youngest has told me that she is too shy to sing in public and wants to wait until she is older to see if she wants to pursue it or not. I'm just happy she gave it a go and realizes her limitations and interests. She does plan on continuing ballet, though, which makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment