Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Flowing River of Blessings

The Crew

Review Crew

compass

Friday, January 6, 2017

Word of the Year 2017


I'm not big on resolutions. I take a promise very seriously and don't tend to make a promise, or a resolution, if I am uncertain I will be able to keep it. But, these word of the year posts at the beginning of each year have intrigued me.

I sat in quiet asking God what my word should be. The first word that came to me, before prayer, was wisdom. I am doing a series on wisdom from the Proverbs, and it only made sense. But, that word didn't seem to be the one.

Another word that I hope 2017 brings, is prosperity. While, I am hopeful that this will be the case and that one year, hopefully this one, will bring us to a point of paying off debt and actually taking a step forward, and while I absolutely love the idea of prosperity, there was another word that kept shouting above them all.

After reflection, prayer, and thought, my word for 2017 is:

ANTICIPATION



This word, at first, sounded wrong as if it reflects the idea of worrying or being anxious. But, I kept feeling as if this was the word.





Yes, it's anticipation!

Anticipation goes beyond an anxious feeling of worry. Instead, it implies a resolute eyes-fixed-on-the-foal with happy hope and a knowing that it will happen.

My hope is in God, so I know He has His best in store for me.

I anticipate - hope - have faith in - that fact!

So, with high and happy ANTICIPATION, I face 2017.







Homeschool Review Crew Reflecting on 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Socialization...It's Why I Homeschool

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin