Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Learning Felting With My Youngest


My youngest who lives and breathes art projects and I are learning to felt. We have so far discovered that the kits don't always come with instructions, and that felting is addicting.

For those of you who are asking yourself - what is felting? Let me explain. It's basically taken roven wool (wool that has been colored but has not been turned into yarn or anything yet), sculpting it and sticking a special felting needle into it on top of a styrofoam block until the wool sticks together in the shape you desire.


We started by ordering 3 kits, and she went to town on the first one - a penguin that came complete with instructions. So, I sat down to felt my kit - a cute rounded looking baby. Only, mine didn't come with instructions, and not too far into it, the first thing I did was break my felting needle.

On the quest to find additional felting needles, my project was delayed. I finally attempted it, and my daughter had to fix it for me. But, then I moved on and free-handed it with sculpting a dog out of my own imagination, and a teddy bear the same. I was so happy with how they turned out, that I'm now, with the help of my daughter, attempting the third kit - a dog with a hat and sweater.

So, here's what we've got so far:





























No comments:

Post a Comment