Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, March 19, 2018

Homeschool Review Crew - Home School in the Woods A La Carte Projects

review, #hsreviews, #hsitwalacarteprojects, U.S. history, world history, hands-on, timelines, maps
I was thrilled to get a chance to review three of the Á La Carte projects from Home School in the Woods. Specifically, I got to use:



Get Your Kicks on Route 66 File Folder Game
Home School in the Woods  Á La Carte products
Composers Through History Timeline
Home School in the Woods  Á La Carte products
Home School in the Woods  Á La Carte products

Other members of the Homeschool Review Crew got to review:

Name that State File Folder Game
New World Explorers Timeline
American Beginnings Newspaper Collections

...and so many more to choose from!

What is Home School in the Woods and all of these product options?

If you are not familiar with Home school in the Woods, let me tell you they are fantastic at providing PDF downloadable ready-to-print and use full unit study lap books, timelines, file folder games, and newspaper style hands-on projects that supplement lessons you are studying to create an amazing hands-on way to learn. Now, they are offering several of their projects in an A La Carte fashion where you can purchase one section from their larger units to use and focus on one segment of the larger package at a time as it fits your individual home schooling needs.

Home School in the Woods  Á La Carte products
Home School in the Woods  Á La Carte products
Home School in the Woods makes learning hands-on and fun with a wide array of projects that are offered A La Carte. These projects include creative writing, three-dimensional constructing, crafting, file folder games, timelines, and lapbooking. I received three downloads in PDF format that included:
 The Art of Quilling, which is the art of paper rolling used by nuns, monks, and artists during the Renaissance period. The art was introduced to the colonies with early settlers and has fairly recently made a come back. It only requires strips of paper and a stick of sorts to roll the paper with to create 3-D art pictures. The download was originally found in Time Travelers, Colonial Life from Home School in the Woods and includes 10 pages and is intended for Grades 3-8.
Composers Through History Timeline is a hands-on way to learn about composers. It includes a download to print out that includes pre-dated lines and composers pictures that you cut out and put together. All that is required is to download, print, cut, and glue. We added some color as well. The end result is a nice timeline to refer to or to file away with school work projects. It is intended for Grades 3-12 and was originally found in the Activity-Pak: Composer from Home School in the Woods. It includes 42 figures, 22 of which are new and not included in the Timeline Figures Collection.
Take a virtual trip - Get Your Kicks on Route 66 File Folder Game was originally found in the Time Travelers: The Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression from Home School in the Woods, for Grades 3-8. Included is a download that includes the game board, cards, and tokens. You are given the option of printing the game cards individually or on 2-sided paper. Once you assemble the game by downloading the PDF, printing, cutting, gluing to a file folder, and coloring as you please, you can begin game play. Game play is meant to be done with between 2 to 6 players and includes trivia questions and answers about Route 66 during early American Industrial Revolution, World War I, The Roaring Twenties, and the Great Depression.

How Did We Use It?

The Composers Through History Timeline was fun and very easy to work with. I was excited to receive this, because we had started a unit on composers and had never finished it from about a year ago. Since my hubby is a musician full time, I only thought it appropriate that we include the study of any musical whenever possible. I sat down with my daughter and showed her how to set up the timeline, and then added a bit of color to the finished product to color code the composers based roughly on their era, but that was just something I thought would add to the project. It's not required to color it.








Get Your Kicks on Route 66 is a file folder game. I was so excited to get this one because I grew up along Route 66 in the St. Louis portion of the route, and we had just taken the family to a museum in town that had a special limited time exhibit about Route 66, and we had also touched on Route 66 when we visited the Ford Museum a couple years ago as well. So, it was still fairly fresh in my daughter's mind when she started coloring and assembling the game. I also knew my husband would LOVE to play this game since he grew up all of his life (my Route 66 memories started when I was my daughter's age). Plus, he's a big fan of automobile history. I got her started, and then I finished the file folder game assembly. 







The Art of Quilling was a fun experience, though it took my daughter a bit of challenging attempts to get the hang of it. Once she did, she enjoyed it. I had done quilling before, but it's been awhile. In fact, I think I was my daughter's age now when I was introduced to it, so I thought how perfect is that! Once we started twirling those little strips of colored paper, we became a bit addicted to it and could have gone on for awhile. But, we stopped with the one project that was provided with a template we printed and followed.










What Did We Think?

I already knew that Home School in the Woods lapbooks and such were a winner in the eyes of my art-loving, hands-on learning daughter. So, I was jumping up and down when I saw I was chosen for three of their A La Carte projects. This was such a blessing to our household. We love the hands-on nature of every one of the projects that we've used. I also appreciate that we now have a nice little record for my daughter's school file that shows she did the work. These downloads in PDF format are perfect for us and are so easy to use to add to our lessons as a complete supplement to learning that really brings learning to life.

FIND VENDOR ON SOCIAL MEDIA @:


Read what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:

À La Carte Projects - Individual projects designed to enhance your studies! {Home School in the Woods Reviews}


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment