Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Deafening Sound of Silence

So, I'm sitting here! My husband just left for his gig. My two children (oldest and youngest) are still sleeping, and my middle child left early this morning for a theatre camp. She drove herself as she's been doing all week.

THIS MEANS - I'M SITTING HERE IN COMPLETE SILENCE!

wHAT IS that sound?

I'm honestly not sure what to do with it.

This is a sound I crave on early mornings when I have writing to do.
It's a sound I've craved during toddler meltdowns
It is a sound I often crave when there is chaos all around

Yet, right now, right here - I have complete silence!

Why?

My 16 year old can drive now. I no longer have to tote her about when she needs to go to her numerous social events. Though, secretly I really enjoy being part of all of that.

My other two children are sleeping so there is no demand of my time currently, though that could change at any minute, I realize.

What do I do with this silence?

Well, it happened to be a really nice morning, so I took my daily Bible reading outside to the front porch swing. As I sat, the weather reminded me of Wisconsin/Michigan weather. So, I pretended the street was Lake Michigan.

When I had mentioned to my daughter, before she left, that I was pretended it to be Lake Michigan, she responded matter of factly - "That's what imagination's for!"

I suppose that's true.

So, I sat using my imagination as I soaked up God's Words.

Now, I sit typing this all, but I really should be getting some work done. I have a basement calling my name to straighten it up and to get it ready for school to start in a couple weeks. I have some articles calling my name to start writing them. And, I have 49 free listings to get listed on eBay that are not going to list themselves.

I also have an achy headache and am tired, I guess from our recent trip and from driving out of town to pick up my husband over the weekend. Otherwise, I'm not sure why I'm tired.

I have about 2 1/2 hours before my daughter returns home with the van and who knows how much longer before my other two begin stirring.

So long silence! You sure are a strange sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment