Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Contemplating My Homeschool Blog

 So, in the midst of homeschooling for the past 20 years, I have provided a ton of information on my blog. I have opened up and shared my own homeschooling experience, and I have shared 365 TOS reviews of homeschool products. Now that I have graduated my older two and my youngest is entering high school, and COVID shut down a lot of work opportunities for my husband, I am contemplating everything.

Where do I go with the blog?


Do I keep it and provide curriculum for my readers?

Do I provide encouragement?

I heard the other day that 4 out of 5 parents are opting to homeschool this year in the face of shut downs. I personally see a difference between parents who were pioneers in the homeschooling movement and those forced to make a decision about bringing school online into their homes. I think there is a difference in what each group of parents needs. I have always been one who loves to piece together curriculum myself and steer away from those boxed testbooks that spell out every last word for the teacher to read. I much prefer knowing what the end goal is and letting me and my children find it ourselves. But, this new breed of homeschoolers seem to want it done for them, ready to go, plug 'n play school room. Even younger homeschooling parents seem to want that. Many I have heard from seem to think they lack the skills to teach their own children and want a step-by-step approach. While there is nothing wrong with either approach per se, I'm wondering what my blog can do to help. Or, is it time to just say goodbye?

Where do I go from here? What do you want or need most.

No comments:

Post a Comment