Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, November 11, 2011

Women in History: Picture of Women Welders

If you're like me, you've seen those pictures of the construction men sitting on the high beam atop a city. I get dizzy just looking at it, and am thankful someone else was willing to do that job. However, I didn't realize there were also women doing this work. I assume this happened during the war when women took on tough jobs to keep the country going while the men were off fighting in the war.

Here's the picture and brief description of something that took me by surprise. I'm still getting used to seeing women mow their lawns where I live....A job I always considered man's work, even though I do know how. Here's the link to the cool picture from way back in time:

Who knew? - Cool Like Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment