Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Listening Doodles



When I thought of homeschooling three children, I was thrilled when my youngest grew out of the stage of wiggling and crying and grabbing for everything in sight or screaming over me as I tried to teach her older siblings.

Now that she is old enough, I looked forward to the days when I read aloud classics and unit studies for all three of them all at the same time.

So, this year, I sat down to read.

I'm not going to share what I was reading, because

1)  It happened on more than one occasion and completely different subjects

and

2)  I think it would happen no matter what I was reading, plus I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from the idea of reading aloud.

But, as I sat with high hopes, reading to my children; I noticed they began to doodle.  At first, I wasn't sure if I should be annoyed and stop them or allow it to happen.

After all, even well-respected sights like Timberdoodle encourages children to do something active with their hands while listening - Hence, their product:  Thinking Putty.

So, I let it go on so long as they were engaged enough to answer questions I might stop to ask.

In the end, I just thought I'd share with you some of what they were doodling as I rambled on and on about various "necessary" knowledgeable, and what I found extremely interesting, curriculum:








And, my favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment