Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, November 22, 2013

Black Friday - Yay or Nay?






So, it's almost here, the day after Thanksgiving when much of America floods into stores to grab the best deal possible on Christmas gifts or other items they've been wanting, only at a reduced price.

Well - Do you do Black Friday?

Yay or nay?

Some stores this year are starting a full week early!

Unless I'm having a blackout of a Black Friday unaware in my past, I believe I can announce that I have never ever done Black Friday.  Though, my husband did one year.  He got up at like 4:30 or 5ish (very much unlike him) and headed for the stores.  I know he got me a leather jacket that year (which I still have and still very much love), but other than that; the best deals he came home with were the goodie bags that stores were handing out to the first 100 customers.  He actually got a few from different stores.   Yay him!

Even if you don't celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, there is surely some gift-giving opportunity in your life or even just the need to replace a broken blender or TV, where a sale of Black Friday magnitudes would come in handy.

I'm not a crowd person. I am one who very much prefers to have things ready ahead of time so I can "relax", which I actually seldom fully do since there's always something that pops up needing to be tended to. Though, I will admit that shopping in my PJs, online, is not always that relaxing either.

I do, however, know people who get a real rush out of waiting till the last minute to gift buy, or to do anything in their lives.  They like that adrenaline rush, I suppose.

Whether or not you like the rush of finding a bargain or the feel of people all around, what do you think about Black Friday sales?


1 comment:

  1. I Love Black Friday shopping! I get a thrill when I can get the kids $10.00 scooters or $3.00 jammies! Black Friday shopping helps us be able to give more to others throughout the year because we spend so little on Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete