Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Facebook Number Game


It's Me!

More than a week ago, I liked a post of a friend.  I didn't realize at the time that by liking her post, it meant she would assign me a number and I would have to say that many things about me that others don't know.

It took me awhile to post it, mainly because I feel like I'm already an open book with nothing to hide and there couldn't possibly be anything else interesting to share.

But, I managed to come up with 7. So, since it came out to more than 500 words in the end, I decided to also turn it into a homeschool blog post.

Here ya go:


1. In high school, I Varsity lettered in and was part of the team of swimmers who got Synchronized Swimming recognized as a sport.
2. I learned to play the trumpet in 5th grade, not because I wanted to play, but because anyone who went out for band got to skip spelling class in the afternoon. I learned to play, made first chair and still am a pretty good speller. Guitar, on the other hand, try as I might I just can’t get it. So, instead, I married a great guitarist.
3. I always wanted to have 5 kids… Most people know this already, but I’ve been pregnant 6 times losing 3 to miscarriage. So, in essence, I guess I got my 5 kids plus 1. I just only get to raise 3 of them.
4. I was sick almost my entire babyhood and toddlerhood. I had my tonsils out when I was 13 months old (the only surgery I’ve ever had). Allergy tests when I was 4 revealed an allergy to almost everything except food-borne allergies. Still, for some reason, we still had a few cats as pets when I was growing up (something I never questioned till my kids asked me why I had a cat if I was allergic to them).
5. In college, I have a certificate of proficiency, an Associates Degree and a Bachelors. As part of my Human Services Degree, I interned at the suicide hot line, my first call after training was a suicide in progress. I also interned at Probation and Parole with sex offenders, agressive offenders and psychological caseload. I took a Myers Briggs personality test that showed I have an INFP personality, about 4% of the population if I remember right, it’s fairly rare personality. My dad came out the same…. But, please, you can call me an introvert (I), but please don’t mistake that for being shy. They are two very different things.
6. I did not go by Tere till high school, after a classmate in middle school made me come to hate the sound of my name: Teresa. I originally spelled it, “Terry”, but dropped the “sa” at the end when I started signing checks and legal documents for college, etc. because I would start to sign my name as “Terry” and forget my legal name was Teresa. I figured if I just dropped the “sa”, I could always simply add it if I forgot.
7. I am not a very picky eater at all. In fact, I often crave Brussels sprouts. Though, I’m not fond of some things that others absolutely love, like hot chocolate, soda, ice cream, lollipops or hard candy, and chicken with dumplings in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment