Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up - Changes Ahead, SAT Results Are In, And An Otherwise Peaceful Week

And, we come to the end of another week (my third Weekly Wrap Up) the ends the week at Friday, April 17.

This week was the final week for the Intagram Challenge I have been taking part in with the TOS Review Crew. Here are some of my pictures I posted this week:







We headed into the week, coming off of a weekend that was really fun. On Friday night, my two older kids went to a Smash Brothers Brawl Game Night at a nearby church, and believe it or not - They actually tied it into a Bible Lesson (something refreshing to me lately that a church would actually take the time to teach the Bible and not just get together for the sake of fun). Regardless, the kids had a blast, while my younger daughter and I went "elephant hunting".

Elephant hunting to us is merely taking my elephant-loving girl and finding all the elephants we can and then taking pictures of them. See, her room is so full of plush elephants already that we have no more room to add to our herd. So, we are content to find the elephants and take pics. We found several:






On Saturday and Sunday evening, we topped off the night with our new private family game night.



Monday was a fairly calm day, with school as usual for my oldest daughter and my youngest focusing on Spelling You See and the Apples book from Life of Fred. My son, meanwhile, was busy coding collision elements to a Sonic game and working on a logo design with his friend, that will be added to his github project.

To my surprise, I discovered that their OLSAT scores were already posted, and while I won't share the details of what I received, I will leave it at - I'm quite pleased! According to the SAT portion of the test, each child is performing at a minimum of 3 grades above where their age and birth dates put them. Since my son's scores are all Post High School level, and he is finishing his Freshman year in high school, I plan on signing him up to take the ACT this summer.

Tuesday - The day was absolutely gorgeous outside, so my daughters spent some time reading on the porch swing (one of their favorite things to do).



My older children continued their typical work, while my youngest daughter worked on some reviews. She is helping me review La La Logic, A+ Math, and Spelling You See which will be posted to this blog in the upcoming weeks. This week, I posted a review on Memoria Press Cursive, Star Toaster's Orphs of the Woodlands, and Friday will post one about an amazing art curriculum book from ARTistic Pursuits or which I had a great deal of fun with today trying to gather pictures and pull together the review. Here's a splattering of what you can expect to see:






Wednesday was my older daughter's first dance class at the new studio.

   

Thursday, of course, brought us to another day at the co-op (Enrichment Thursdays). There is only one week left for this year. This is where most of my changes are happening. In the fall, the co-op will have new rules. I have to make a decision as to whether I want to plunge in with both feet and devote my Thursdays to co-op or to pull my daughter and not return in the fall. The latter is almost impossible given how much my daughter has come to love co-op days and how much she enjoys spending time with her wonderful friend who is the reason we attend in the first place. I won't be able to make my final decision until I see a class schedule for the fall. Even so, we will have to miss the first full 3 weeks because of my husband's musical tour which we accompany him on as part of a working vacation every August/September. Have I mentioned how I'm not really the co-op type?

Friday closes off the week with a birthday trip down to my mom, who is turning 80. We plan on lunch at a buffet place called The Hibachi Grill and then back to her house for cake and ice cream. My sisters have arranged for her to first have a massage.

Oh, and I learned how to crack a hard-boiled egg without leaving pieces of shell stuck to the egg. Just put it inside a glass of water and shake, then peel.





Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment