Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, May 8, 2015

TOS Review: Successful Homeschooling Made Easy

Successful Homeschooling Made Easy Review
I was thrilled to get a chance to review the Successful Homeschooling Made Easy Course from Successful Homeschooling Made Easy.



What is Successful Homeschooling Made Easy?
Successful Homeschooling Made Easy Review

The Successful Homeschooling Made Easy Course is a 26-week online course for parents. It is set up as weekly lessons sent to your email. Each week, I received an email with the lessons in PDF format, so it's important that you make sure your spam filters are clear.

The creator of the lessons is Stephanie Walmsley. She recommends that you get a binder, and print the lessons to collect inside the binder each week. She also suggests that you set aside a few minutes of alone time to complete the lesson assignments each week. Make it a special afternoon tea, or early morning coffee date with just you and the lesson sheets.

Preview the course here.

The lessons are a step-by-step guide to homeschooling, broken down into easy-to-follow weekly assignments that eventually build the foundation to your personalized homeschool setting. It guides you through learning how to homeschool without stress and without spending a fortune.



Each lesson is easy to read and only about 10-15 pages each. The lessons includes:


  • Introduction and main point
  • Summary of what was presented
  • Assignment to do throughout the week
  • Book suggestions
  • Links to things such as classical music to listen to while completing one of the assignments
The lessons start out with a schedule to print out and fill in. She includes one for early morning risers and one for those of us who may be early risers but have children who function better in the afternoons.






It proceeded week-by-week with essential information on how to Fireproof your homeschol from burnout, how to set your personal vision for your homeschool, how to create a literacy hour, how to make math less of a struggle, book recommendations, three key questions to success, heart of mom and motives, and suggestions on how to homeschool any age of child.

She even included helpful downloads for Math and an entire bonus lesson on how to teach math without going crazy or dealing with struggles:
 

How Did We Use It?

As soon as I received each email, I was anxious to read the new lesson. Each lesson didn't take long to read through. I usually used my waiting time while my daughter was in her dance class to read through my lessons. Each lesson contained questions and assignments that I would then take my time in answering or completing before the next week's lesson would arrive.









Since I was accessing these lessons while waiting for my daughter's dance class to end, I chose to use a mobile device. I usually opened up the lessons using my iPhone


What Did We Think?

I have been homeschooling since my oldest was born in 2000, and officially since 2005 when he entered kindergarten, but I appreciated these lessons as I really took the time to think about the questions asked in the assignments. I loved how I felt as if I were enriching my already established homeschool.

It may sound like a course for newbies, but in reality, it's great for any level of homeschooler. Stephanie Walmsley, the creator of the lessons, has experience homeschooling through high school, and it shows. She does not talk down to anyone and really respects and presents a wide variety of homeschooling styles and options to consider and really plan out what is best for your homeschool.





Read what other members of the TOS Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:


Successful Homeschooling Made Easy Review


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment