Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, May 8, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up - Socialize, Clean and Get Ready to Celebrate

Starting with Friday, May 1 through Thursday, May 7, our week was filled with socializing, cleaning and getting ready to celebrate both Mother's Day and my son's 15th birthday!






Friday was really fun! My son's robotics team had a vendor booth at a local pep rally for our minor league baseball team, The River City Rascals. Seemed only fitting since his robotics team is the River City Robots. I was surprised to see how excited he was about going and helping out at the booth since he really prefers hanging out at home most days. It was nice to see him in his element demonstrating a robot that shoots basket balls and a table filled with Lego Robotics for kids to interact with.








While we waited for my son, the girls and I enjoyed the food truck frenzy that was part of the pep rally. We also enjoyed the face painting and stayed for a showing of the Lego Movie out on the field. It turned out to be a really nice event.

Before we left for the pep rally, the girls and I weeded the garden, and then finished planting tomatoes, peppers, raspberries and blueberries and transplanting a few indoor plants over the weekend. We have no idea what fruit or veggies our garden will yield this year, but it was really nice to do this with my girls. I was surprised at how my oldest really wanted to help this year. And, they've been watering it every day. Though, my hubby brought home 4 more tomato plants that someone gave him on Wednesday, so now we will need to find a place for those too.

Monday I spent a lot of time on the computer catching up on 10 pages of emails that accumulated while I was out enjoying life over the weekend and then writing reviews that are due this week and next while my oldest daughter worked on Greek and straightened up their room a bit.





Tuesday brought computer issues. Yesterday, my computer randomly shut down several times and again today, so my techie son and I sat down to look at computer specs just in case I need an emergency run to the computer store. Then, I took my oldest shopping for some accessories she needed for the mother/daughter banquet.




Wednesday was a day of tidying up the basement enough for guests to take shelter should we get a tornado warning tomorrow when they are visiting. Later in the day was another dance class for my oldest daughter at her new dance studio. This time, the head of the Missouri Ballet sat in to watch the girls' recital dance. My daughter was excited about that. She won't be doing the dance this year since we started so late in the year, but the head of the Missouri Ballet got to see her do her sideways splits, and she was the only girl in the class who could do these.

Thursday - This is a day that we have been looking forward to for a long, long time. We have some friends who we never see. They don't live terribly far from us, but we just never seem to hook up. Until today....  Today we are all so very excited because we get to spend the day with them. This is their second year homeschooling and their first year homeschooling both children who are fairly close in age to my children. Let the socialization begin...

I've also been part of a 31 Days of May challenge on Instagram. Find me at Jalenagraham. Join the challenge.







The weekend will bring plenty of celebrations. My son turns 15 on Mother's Day, and of course there is Mother's Day which means a trip down to my mom's church for their annual mother/daughter banquet. This year the theme is "Life is like a box of chocolates". A friend of mine from high school will be the key note speaker. My hubby plans on spending some dad and dude time with my son on Friday, and then he will share the celebration on Saturday as he hangs out with grandpa while the girls are at the banquet. So, I have already decided to give up the focus on me for Mother's Day and celebrate my son, who made me a mama!

My hubby (on left) at approx. same age as my son (on right)



Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment