Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, June 22, 2015

TOS Review - SmartKidz Media Library

SmartKidz Media Review
I was thrilled to get a chance to review the SmartKidz Media Library for Homeschoolers from SmartKidz Media.

What is SmartKidz Media Library for Homeschoolers?

Remember in school, if you went to public or private traditional school, when the teacher would announce the lesson of the day would be a movie?  ~~~INSERT THE SOUNDS OF CHEERING CHILDREN~~~ SmartKidz Media Library allows this feeling of excitement to be part of your homeschool days.

I received a full one-year subscription to the site, and it may just take a year to watch everything of interest on the site. There is so much on the site to discover.

SmartKidz Media Library for Homeschoolers is an online streaming program. The site offers a wide variety of subjects delivered through online streaming video, mostly, but some are available in study guide format as well or music.

Some of what they offer, includes:

Mighty E-Book Collection
History
Animals and Wildlife
Science
Documentaries and Culture
Health and Fitness
Living Skills
Lifestyles, Cuisine and Cooking Instructions
Travel and Adventure World Wide Discovery
Classical, Cultural, Jazz, Blues, and Relaxation Music
Singing
Sign Language and Baby Signs
Potty Training Videos, Parent Guides, and even Sign Language for Potty Training
Special Needs Learning
Holidays and Interactive Video Books
Karaoke Sing-a-Long Videos
Fun Zone with Matching Games, Puzzles, Jokes and Online Fun

And, this seriously just touches the surface. Plus, the site is currently adding new stuff. I was excited to get started, because the ways to use this media library is almost endless.


How Did We Use It?

I received my log-on information and immediately was curious to see what SmartKidz Media Library was all about. I looked through the listings under categories I found on the Home Page to find any titles that reflected the studies my children were currently learning. 






My youngest child absolutely loves elephants, so I immediately was drawn to the video books about elephants. My daughter sat in amazement as she watched and listened. Point scored for Science hours!

I then found some Mother Goose rhymes and relived my childhood with my girls. It was fun, and fit right into my daughter's level of rhymes and poetry style of literature.

I explored the section that offers mini lessons. They are not videos in this section but more of an on-screen text.

One of my favorite sections was the music. I played Mozart while my daughter completed her math lesson. I wasn't surprised to notice that her math lesson seemed to fly by without as much fuss with the music quietly serenading in the background.


Bonus: I was excited also to find exercise videos, even some for kids. Talk about a fun PE class option. I even learned how to make Chicken Cordon Bleu from scratch.

What Did We Think?


The site covers such a wide variety of subjects that you could conduct your entire school day for awhile with just this site alone. Or, it makes a really great option for down days, like when the kids or mom is sick or just needs a low-key day without textbooks but still want to keep learning a priority. It is extremely easy to log on and watch.

The site is wonderful for parents of young children. It has a plethora of information about parenting and educating children, especially babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary. I wish I had easy access to the Baby Signs and Potty Training info. when I needed it. If you're in the thick of the toddler years, this site is a gold mine.

If your TV has the option of, either wirelessly or by HDMI cord, streaming to the TV, like ours does, it makes it even better to put everything up on the big screen and make a family movie night out of it. And, the best part is that even after exploring all that we did, there is still so much more that SmartKidz Media Library offers for learning or just plain family friendly fun.

Find SmartKidz Media Library on Facebook and Twitter.

Read what other members of the TOS Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:


SmartKidz Media Review


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment