Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

TOS Review - GrapeVine Studies

Grapevine Studies Review

The Bible is at the base root of everything I do, and that includes my homeschool. So, when I found myself muddling through days upon days of no direct Bible study with my children during their school days, I began looking for something to fill this void. Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled to get a chance to review the Digital Old Testament 1: Level 2 Creation to Jacob (for Ages 8-10) from GrapeVine Studies.


Grapevine Studies Review
*

The book came as a download with both level 1 and 2 included. The way this was presented was to include the level 1 lesson and then it added notes along the way for level 2 students which tackle more challenging skills and discussions while still covering the basics of Level 1.










What is GrapeVine Studies?

GrapeVine Studies is a unique Bible Study curriculum that uses basic drawing skills of stick figures and similar simple drawings to accent Bible learning. Parents or Sunday School teachers are free to instill their own doctrine along with reading out of your choice of Bible version. The studies are recommended for children ages PreK through 14. I received a pdf format Bible Study lessons and teacher instruction book for Level 2, recommended for ages 8-10, Grades 3-4.

There are 12 lessons that cover main events from Genesis creation through Jacob, and then there is a final review.

Grapevine Studies Review


Grapevine Studies Review


There is minimal preparation time for the teacher/parent.



How Did We Use It?

I printed each lesson as we needed it, and read the teacher guide section to present the lesson to my daughter as she listened and drew the appropriate pictures into the time lines. I started out just using the loose pages, and then decided it would be a lot more organized and better to use if I 3-hole punched everything and put it all into a binder.





Other than the binder, all we needed was the pdf files, a printer, colored pencils, and a Bible. 

We started out doing one complete lesson per session, but ended up following more of the suggested schedule and doing basically one lesson sheet at a time.

What Did We Think?


We LOVE this Bible Study. I was really excited to get to review this, because it was an answer to prayers as to what Bible Study curriculum to use with my youngest. I love when a timeline is provided, and I loved that there were scripture memory verses along with basic Bible information, such as teaching what the 5 books of the Law are, etc. It seemed to be presented from a biblical viewpoint and not a specific doctrine, though if by chance the teacher guide lesson points seem to contradict with your particular beliefs, it is laid out in such a way that it would be easy to interject your personal beliefs and doctrine along the way. Honestly, some of the bottom line points I had never really considered in the wording provided, though I wouldn't say any of it contradicted our personal beliefs.

My daughter loves to draw and add color to everything, so having her add simple drawings as I read Bible stories and verses was a perfect fit for us. I appreciated, too, how the drawings suggested for use were easy-to-draw pictures and not complicated so as to frustrate and miss the point of each lesson.

Social Media:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Periscope: @Grapevine Studies

Affiliate Sign Up

***

Information About the Levels
How to Choose? Where to Start?
SAMPLES
***

Read what other members of the TOS Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:

Grapevine Studies Review


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment