Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, January 2, 2017

Reflections of My Life



As I sat in the quiet of the last day of 2016, I began to reflect upon my past. What would I do differently if I had the chance to go back and relive parts of it. Only, I would know everything I know now.

Here's what I came up with:

Things I would keep the same:

I would marry the man I married
I would have children
I would homeschool
I would quit my job to stay home to be a full-time mom

Thins I would do differently:

I would not have wasted almost 6 years of my life in a relationship as a 16 year old till I was into my 20's with a boy who did not have my best interests at heart and really didn't love me. I'm not sure he is capable of the kind of love that any woman deserves. But, I would have simply walked away from that potential relationship that ended in him getting someone else pregnant while promised to be married to me.

I would have saved more money and not gotten into debt.

I would have reached out more and enjoyed my roommates.

I would have had a house built in the area where we live now, only when they were new and before we endured living in a horrible area that last year was so riddled with crime it took police 4 days to process all of the New Year's Eve bullet and gun violence reports. I would not have lived there as a newlywed.

I would have encouraged my husband to teach guitar lessons sooner and to perform with a band or solo sooner.

I would have had more confidence knowing what I know now, knowing that it would all turn out and I would be the mother of three amazing kids. I would not have worried so much.

I would have not taken the job of writing online for Examiner or gotten involved in social media to the extent I had to in order to push my articles. I would have, instead, enjoyed my children and my husband more as I feel as if from 2009 to 2016 I lost all that time trying to make money online. In 2016, I put a concerted effort into changing that. But, still all that time is gone and I can only be grateful that I did not have an iPhone or online writing work when my babies were babies. Instead, I got to enjoy them full time.



John the Homeschool Review Crew in reflecting your year:


No comments:

Post a Comment