Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, March 17, 2017

Weekly Wrapup: Cancer Radiology, Teen Permit Driving, and School


I cannot believe we are at the end of another week. And, it was quite a week. It began like most weeks with the girls spending Monday at Lifelight /Youth Theater and dance and me hanging out at Panera trying to catch up on writing assignments and blog reviews.

Tuesday and Wednesday brought more days of catch-up and attempting to get in as much school work with my youngest as possible. It also included driving with my permit driving teen. She has progressed from driving around parking lots to going out onto low-trafficked roads. We went up to a nearby college parking lot which appeared to be on spring break. It was fairly empty. We then adventured out onto the back roads that take us home. She did it! She did a good job even though she said she was terrified.

Thursday was a long day for me. I went down to the hospital to help with mom and dad. My mom is still recovering from knee surgery and has been dealing with vertigo, so when there is a long way to walk she needs a wheelchair. My dad is still slowly recovering from the cancer surgery of his lymph nodes and a lump by his ear. His surgery was almost a month ago, and he is still fairly weak to stand and walk. So, he required a wheelchair which meant my sister who has been helping with them could not push two wheelchairs down the hospital halls. So, I came along. This meant waking at 4:00 a.m to leave by 5:00 to be at my parents by 6:00 to leave there by 6:30 to get to the hospital for an early appt. of waiting and waiting and then seeing the nurse, then the resident student, then the radiologist and another intern. This whole cancer thing is new to me and not something I want to get used to. The bottom line is my dad will soon have six weeks of radiation. They will first make a mesh mask like this one to secure him on the table in the proper position for each of the 33 treatments. I pray his heart is strong enough to make it through the radiation. But, it will first involve another hospital trip with my sister and I and my two-wheelchaired parents. So, Wednesday will be an even longer day. I hope eventually I can sleep for a month, but I'm happy to be able to help.

Sunrise in the city








Meanwhile, my permit driving daughter still needs practice as much as possible, so today I had her drive through the neighborhood into an adjoining one and one more trafficked road into a school and then through the neighborhood onto a more major street and into a gas station lot where I took the wheel. She did a great job.

My youngest did a half day of school today while I recover from a long day at the hospital and catch up more on my work. It doesn't hurt that it's St. Pat's Day, so Antennae TV is showing marathon episodes of Green Acres...Get it? GREEN Acres. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend before another week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment