Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Monday, May 21, 2018

Homeschool Review Crew - T is for Tree: A Bible ABC

Review, #hsreviews, #readRFPAbooks, #RFPAblog, #bibleABC, #ABCBook, #christianbook, children's alphabet book, Bible ABC, Bible ABCs, ABC book, colorful ABC book, Christian ABC book, Christian alphabet book, Christian ABCs, Bible alphabet, Bible alphabet book, Reformed ABC book, Reformed alphabet book, Connie L. Meyer, Connie Meyer, Reformed ABCs, Christian children's book, Christian children's ABC book, Reformed Christian ABC book, T is for Tree

I am always searching for ways to incorporate Scripture into our daily lives and especially into learning, so I was really happy to get a chance to review T is for Tree: A Bible ABC from Reformed Free Publishing Association which was written and illustrated by Connie L. Meyer. It uses the alphabet concept to express a visual image from the Bible for each letter from A to Z.



The title actually holds a great deal of meaning to me personally and for the child I chose to review the book with. The T for Tree, with the image of a tree planted by streams of living waters, is part of a Scripture I recited and stood on throughout my pregnancy with my daughter since I had lost 3 babies in utero prior to her healthy and live birth. So, before I even opened the pages, I was in love with the book!


T is for Tree: A Bible ABC, Review, #hsreviews, #readRFPAbooks, #RFPAblog, #bibleABC, #ABCBook, #christianbook, children's alphabet book, Bible ABC, Bible ABCs, ABC book, colorful ABC book, Christian ABC book, Christian alphabet book, Christian ABCs, Bible alphabet, Bible alphabet book, Reformed ABC book, Reformed alphabet book, Connie L. Meyer, Connie Meyer, Reformed ABCs, Christian children's book, Christian children's ABC book, Reformed Christian ABC book, T is for Tree
Reformed Free Publishing Association, Review, #hsreviews, #readRFPAbooks, #RFPAblog, #bibleABC, #ABCBook, #christianbook, children's alphabet book, Bible ABC, Bible ABCs, ABC book, colorful ABC book, Christian ABC book, Christian alphabet book, Christian ABCs, Bible alphabet, Bible alphabet book, Reformed ABC book, Reformed alphabet book, Connie L. Meyer, Connie Meyer, Reformed ABCs, Christian children's book, Christian children's ABC book, Reformed Christian ABC book, T is for Tree
T is for Tree: A Bible ABC


What is T IS FOR TREE: A BIBLE ABC?

Pretty much as the name implies, the book takes each letter of the alphabet and adds a word to it. Each word relates to a scripture found in the Bible, which is included as part of a colorful picture for each letter. T is for Tree: A Bible ABC is a physical book that is recommended for children ages 3 to 6, and it would make a great read aloud or read-alone book for an early reader. It has a durable hard cover and pages that are not easily torn which makes it great for little hands to turn.





The S is for STARS was one of our favorites since my daughter is really interested in the planets and the universe in space. I also love the corresponding scripture to this one.

I wasn't familiar with Connie L. Meyer before I received this book for review, but now that I have seen her work, I am super impressed that she not only wrote the book but illustrated it as well. It makes me want to look for additional books she has written or illustrated. I was also excited to discover that she lives in Michigan, a state our family has frequented over the years, my sister used to live there, and we would love to move to someday.




I'm sure some of the letters were easy to find corresponding Scripture and come up with pictures to illustrate them with while other letters would probably be a bit more challenging to match a meaningful passage from the Bible that would be appropriate and meaningful for a child to read. But, somehow, the author/illustrator found a way to express each and every letter well.

T is for Tree: A Bible ABC
T is for Tree: A Bible ABC
T is for Tree: A Bible ABC






How Did We Use It?

I first looked it over and began to read it myself and then handed it over to my daughter who is out of the recommended age range but I thought it would still be beneficial for her to use it. She is older than the recommended reading age of the book, so it was a breeze for her to read which added to her enjoyment of it as well.


What Did We Think?

I loved this book. I really appreciate that they included a scripture with each letter along with a beautiful illustration. I especially like the picture and word they use for Z. I don't want to give it away, but I will say that it is inspiring.

FIND T IS FOR TREE: A BIBLE ABC ON SOCIAL MEDIA @:


Read what other members of the Homeschool Review Crew thought by clicking on the picture below:

T is for Tree: A Bible ABC {Reformed Free Publishing Association Reviews}


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment