Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Morning Coffee with God Daily Chronological Bible Reading



It's like a fragrance that invigorates my entire being and makes me look forward to that captured moment of silence when the house is still and it's just me, my coffee, my Bible and God! I call it Morning Coffee with God.


Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.


I have the Bible app on my phone, but recently I finished Revelation and wasn't sure where to pick up from there. I wasn't sure I wanted to start back at the beginning as my soul was thriving and devouring every last nugget of the New Testament passages. So, I've been really missing my handheld, highlight as you read, paper Bible. The one I had years ago that is very highlighted and marked up basically is falling apart. So, I didn't want to mess it up further.

Yesterday, when I was going through books, I ran across a Bible I used to read. It's The Daily Bible In Chronological Order 365 Daily Readings from Harvest House. I'm not even sure they still print it, and apparently according to the sticker on the front, I picked it up somewhere for $2.00 (or, possibly less). At any rate,  I thought I'd try to share with you some insights from my Bible reading.



I just jumped in and started with today's passage. It took me a minute to get acclimated since I haven't read this book from Page 1 for quite some number of years. And, it started on today's readings in the middle of the king/priest turnovers which confuse me on a good day. So, I simply asked God to show me what he wanted me to understand.

I'm not sure there was a whole lot in this passage that is life changing in and of itself for me at this time, but here are a few parts that stood out, and they are possibly completely random, though I tried to keep them true to the original text:

In rebuilding the temple - They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.  WOW!

Jehoiada was old and full of years...He dies at the age of 130. He was buried with the kings in the City of David, because of the good he had done in Israel for God and his temple.

Although the Lord sent prophets to the people to bring them back to him, and though they testified against them, THEY WOULD NOT LISTEN.

Because you have forsaken the Lord, he has forsaken you.

Then Jehoahaz sought the Lord's favor, and the LORD LISTENED!

Although the Aramean army had come with only a few men, the Lord delivered into their hands a much larger army.

...The Lord's arrow of victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment