Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, March 9, 2012

Post Card Exchange State Facts: Idaho, Ohio and Michigan

The Bay View Inn on Mackinac Island, MI

A few months ago, I agreed to be part of a post card exchange.  Little did I know that I would be the only participant in my state, leaving me to send out 49 post cards (myself excluded).  Even more little did I expect that locating a state post card would be so difficult.

I went to 4 local gas stations, 2 Walgreens, 2 hotels near the highway, a hospital - looking for a gift shop, and Cracker Barrel.  My husband even called a couple more places with no luck.  Well, OK, in all honesty - I did find some St. Louis post cards at a Walgreens near my house.  But, they were St. Louis only (not the state of MO) and they would cost $25 total for me to purchase what I needed.  Not to mention the fact that I would have wiped out their supply.  So, I kept looking.

I finally gave up and created my own online with Vistaprint for $9.99 + shipping.

In the meantime, I decided that learning about the states is a lot of fun (as I began to receive post cards from other states).  And, I began writing a series of articles about interesting information about each state.  So far, I'm up to three states and planning on writing more.  I even have an idea for an e-book series.

For now, enjoy these three articles about the states of Idaho, Michigan and Ohio:

Idaho: One State Among 50 That Offers a Fun Lesson for Summertime Learning

Ohio Fun State Facts For Teaching Kids

Michigan:  Teaching Your Children Fun Facts

1 comment:

  1. I would love to do a postcard exchange. I think my boys would really enjoy it! Is there any other advice you have about doing one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete