Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Just Some Pics From My Photo 101 Class


There's benefits to cleaning out your basement!  Recently while going through some boxes downstairs, trying to clean up the area in hopes to have it ready to use as a school room this fall, I ran across some photos from a Photography class I took in college.


I absolutely love black and white photographs.  Even with the onset of color and the ability to change and edit photos as desired, I often take out color as I love the black and whites.  These first two actually used a cool, almost brown tone, of black & whites.  They were taken in my old stomping grounds neighborhood near St. Louis Hills in an old barber shop - Still used at the time.  This second one I have always loved as it was taken looking into the window with a reflection of the building behind me.  So cool (to me anyway).

A strange fascination I have in photographing is to take pictures of chairs and benches from behind.  I don't know what it is about it that fascinates me.  My photography teacher described my work as having a dramatic approach.  I'll take that.  Sort of sounds impressive.


And, this one is one of my all-time favorites!  I caught my hubby shaving.  It is actually his reflection in the bathroom mirror.  At the time, I thought how cute it would be to have a little boy next to him doing the same thing.  However, we were yet to have children when these photos were taken in 1994.
Anyone who has ever taken a black and white photography class will enjoy this one, as it is one of the basic exercises of capturing contrasting shadows.
And, this one is a montage of photos I took on our honeymoon at the Bay View Inn on Mackinac Island.  In addition to the view from behind and rocking chairs, I have always loved the open door leading the viewer's eyes toward the images.  These always fascinated me from the time I took them.  I often pondered why they intrigued me so much.  After I lost my third baby to miscarriage, I realized that even back when I took the photos I always saw the empty chair as one yet to be filled.  Thankfully, God is merciful and filled my chair with three beautiful children.  At the time, however, the photo was almost prophetic.



No comments:

Post a Comment