Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome May and Day 1 of Blogathon 2012


Today I woke up to Day 1 of Blogathon 2012.  This means that every day in May, I will attempt to keep the pace to post at least one new blog article.  I have plans on some fun and exciting posts.  At least, I hope my readers will find them as exciting to read as I do.

Today will start out slow because I'm running on less than 5 hours sleep after a very exasperating evening.

So, this post will simply be an introduction to the month of May.

As I sit to type at 6:52 a.m. on May 1, I hear a storm raging outside with thunder and rain and hope our electricity will stay on and those baseball sized (yes, that's right - Actually, the weatherman used the term teacup size, 3" diameter) hail stays away.

Where I live May brings on a busy storm season.
May brings on flowers and gardens
May brings on studies of butterflies and new beginnings
May brings the celebration of a birthday in our household
May brings on the end of one school year and the beginning of summer
May offers a close to one chapter and the beginning of another
May ends with remembering our military

It brings on unit studies of:

Birds
Flowers
Bees
Weather
Storms
Tornadoes
Lightning
Thunder
Hail
Summer
Sunshine
May Day
Mothers Day
Birthdays
Military
Memorial Day
Our Country - USA
Flags

It brings on the opportunity to get outside and move around - Get fit and exercise our bodies that God gave us, to get healthy.

Each May for me brings on the wonder of whether or not I have taught my kids enough throughout their school year.  I begin to look at what worked for them in terms of their education and what did not.  It often is the time when homeschooling groups offer used curriculum sales which allow me to get my hands on new information.  Most of this information, unfortunately, excites mostly only me however.  Thus, it ends up in an entirely new form of a used curriculum sale and hence goes the cycle.

What does May mean to you and your children in homeschooling?




No comments:

Post a Comment