Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Daughter's First Hair Cut at the Hairy Elephant

One of my favorite parts about homeschooling is the flexibility to make appointments during the day when other kids are at school.  It makes for a lot less hectic and overwhelmingly crowded and rushed situations.  Last week was spent at the orthodontist and eye doctor before the summer, school's out crowd rushed in to book up appointments.  Today, it was the hair salon.

Believe it or not, my daughter is 6 years old and has never ever had a hair cut in her life.  OK, once about a year ago, she did trim a little off a front piece of hair just because she was bored.  But, I didn't even notice anything had been cut till days or weeks later.

Today, she got a real official hair cut.  To make matters so much more delightful, her hair was cut at a place called The Hairy Elephant.  This would mean something to you if you only knew how much my daughter loves elephants.

This child lives and breathes elephants.  She wants to be a zookeeper when she grows up, only to take care of elephants.

I have learned so much about elephants because of her interest.  For instance:

Did you know that elephants cannot jump?
Did you know that elephants favor either their left or right tusk, like humans do their hands?
Did you  know that there are only two breeds of elephants left in the world:  Asian and African?

Which brings me to my next discovery - My daughter also is thrilled about learning about the countries of Asia and Africa simply because that's where elephants live.

OK, I'll hop off my homeschool bus of trivial knowledge and back to the haircut:

It was really fun.  I went along and took pictures, and of course we spent the extra buck to get the official first hair cut certificate.

I wanted to share some pictures form our enormously tons of fun day at the Hairy Elephant:

























S

1 comment:

  1. Hi admin
    Its terribly amazing, that's the blog you admire I like it.
    Hair cut
    Best of luck
    sonja owen

    ReplyDelete