Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us

Flowing River of Blessings

The Crew

Review Crew

compass

Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Journey With Juicing Begins Again



Several years ago, my husband bought me a really nice juicer. At the time, I had seen infomercials touting the wonders of juicing.

I was sold!

So, we began juicing.  Only, I found it to be cumbersome and messy. Though, I still did juice from time to time.

As this new year begins, I was approached by the head of a Facebook group and asked if I was interested in joining a group with other juicing mommas.  I agreed.

Even though I'm not ready to take the 40-day fasting plunge that some have agreed to, I figured, it would be great encouragement to me to start juicing again.




I started with what I had on hand which was grapes, a couple apples and a tangerine.  To my surprise, all three of my kids unanimously received the juice with happy comments. With homeschooling, adding juicing to my children's daily diet is a lot easier than if they were away all day.

In fact, they wanted more.

Encouraged, I pulled out some more fruit that was actually beginning to be on the verge of rotten.  I was hoping that by juicing it, I would be able to salvage the fruit.

It worked!

And, again, all three kids had a unanimous rousing - yum!  Though, I will admit my one daughter was a little more reluctant this time around since she is not a fan of citrus.



Because most of the fruit I used was not organic, I began by soaking it in a bowl of water with a bit of vinegar to clean off the skins.  I then peeled the tangerines before I began juicing them.

It is my goal to juice once a day. I am not ready to completely fast, or too chicken.  But, I am wanting to integrate more healthy foods into mine and my family's diet.

I also have been starting my day out with a protein drink, as my body needs protein or I sometimes get shaky.

I also have been adding more water to my daily diet.  I discovered that, while I always seem to have my big Tupperware cup with me, I noticed that I rarely actually drink it.

So, it's been my ambition lately to consciously drink at least nine 8-oz. glasses of water a day.  And, while I am a water lover, let me tell you - It's a conscious effort to remind myself to drink.

We'll see how it goes; but so far, I'm hopeful, which is good because HOPEFUL is my word for the new year! (Click to read more about being hopeful!)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!!! :-) Here's to a healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Socialization...It's Why I Homeschool

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin