Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Friday, July 18, 2014

Fitness Friday: Could You Pass the President's Challenge?

It's Friday, and that means it's time to chat about fitness. When I was in school, there was a very special award given out to those who could accomplish amazing physical education feats. It was called the Presidential Physical Fitness Award.

A few years ago, my oldest two kids accomplished this award. And, let me tell you, it was no easy accomplishment. They worked hard.

I remember, in particular, my son trying to achieve the needed time in a mile run. He tried and tried and tried. I encouraged, and encouraged, and encouraged. Until, I was tired. I remember the moment I announced to him that we had tried enough, and we just need to accept the fact that he's just one mile run away from receiving that award.

Well, apparently, that's all he needed to hear. All of a sudden, he bolted around that path. He did it!

The Presidential Physical Fitness Award requires a lot of physical challenges. The pullups are a struggle. The relay was a struggle. The stretches were o.k. for us.

Regardless, we did it. And, so can you!

 photo FitnessFriday_zps15d519f6.jpg

Find more fitness motivation at the following bloggers that are hosting Fitness Friday:

The Healthy Moms.net
Chandra Sullivan at Spark Your Motivation
Danielle Nabozny at Lip Gloss and Yoga Pants
Lisa Belanger at Inspire Me Well
Maryann Mitchell at It's Not Food, It's Me
Angela Barnets at Fit Personified
Wendi Barker at Wendi's Book Corner
Lacey Baker at Love Lacey 365
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment