Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Puddle Jump Through Life With Us - Living... Loving... Growing... washed in the love of Christ

Become a Fan on Facebook

Twitter Followers

Flowing River of Blessings


It's time for a good book

Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Homeschool Haiku

As part of the Blogathon 2011, Haiku day was yesterday. I had other things to write about yesterday, so today I am writing my Haiku. When teaching poetry and literature, Haiku poetry is a fun technique to get children interested in writing poetry and in encouraging learning rhythm by clapping out the syllables. There are technically more than one form of Haiku poetry, but the basic Haiku is 3 lines of a poem that does not rhyme and has a 5 syllable 7 syllable 5 syllable pattern. Following is my Haiku on homeschooling:

Why do I home school?
Socialization for one
Solid teaching too

No comments:

Post a Comment